RMHC at P/SL has a 20-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) where we care for the sickest children and teens.
Our dedicated PICU at RMHC at PS/L offers:
- 24-hour pediatric intensivist coverage, including cardiac intensivists
- Pediatric critical care nurses
- Cardiac surgery and ECMO capability with expertly trained cardiac nurses
- Multidisciplinary team including respiratory therapy, child life, nutritionists, social work, case management, pharmacy, rehab therapy
- All private rooms with adjacent bathrooms
- Sleeper couches for parents who would like to room-in with their children
- Comfortable, convenient family lounge
- Spacious, child-friendly unit
- State of the art technology and design
Parents are Team Members, Too
At RMHC at P/SL, we emphasize communication among parents, doctors, nurses and your chid's primary caregiver.
ECMO (Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation) aka ECLS (Extracorporeal Life Support) utilizes equipment similar to that used in cardio-pulmonary bypass during heart surgery. We are able to perform this therapy in the Neonatal and Pediatric Intensive Care Units at RMHC at P/SL.