The Cardiovascular Catheterization Labs at RMHC at P/SL are specially equipped with child-sized instruments and staff, which have advanced pediatric cardiology training.
Common Reasons Your Child May Need a Cardiovascular Catheterization Procedure
Cardiovascular catheterization helps pediatric cardiologists to:
- Identify narrowed or clogged arteries of the heart
- Measure blood pressure within the heart
- Evaluate how well the heart valves and chambers function
- Check heart defects
- Evaluate an enlarged heart
- Decide on an appropriate treatment
Why Choose the Cardiovascular Catheterization Labs at RMHC at P/SL?
- Low-radiation equipment to ensure the safest environment for your child
- High-resolution digital imaging equipment to provide the highest quality images
- Advanced technologies, including intracoronal