It's so important for any child with a diagnosis of cancer to have the love and encouragement of their friends and family. When they also receive the medical and emotional support of an experienced team of pediatric cancer specialists, they will have what is important to help them conquer cancer.
Prognosis of cancer in children continues to improve, and the chance of being cured continues to increase.
At Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SL, our pediatric cancer specialists combine expert diagnostic skills with experienced and comprehensive care for children, adolescents and young adults with cancer.
Why Choose the Pediatric Oncologists at Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children
As members of the Children’s Oncology Group, a worldwide consortium of pediatric cancer centers supported by the National Cancer Institute (NCI), we collaborate on clinical and laboratory research with other investigators from across the U.S. and in foreign countries. This important relationship enables our specialists to participate in the most advanced treatments, giving our patients the most advanced care available, while helping to improve knowledge in this field and improve outcomes for the future.
We have a complete team of specialists in pediatric hematology and oncology, including nurses and nurse practitioners who are board certified and experienced support staff. Patients and their families benefit from medical expertise that is balanced by our commitment to easing fears and pain, assistance with supportive care, acute and later side effects of chemotherapy, stress management, nutrition and health maintenance guidance and childhood cancer survivorship.
We work closely with your child’s primary care doctor, collaborating during and after the course of treatment. It is important to us that children are treated in whole (vs. just the disease) throughout and after the treatment and that they return to leading full lives.
In our nearby Pediatric Outpatient Center, we offer infusion of chemotherapy, bio therapies, antibiotics, or medicines for other conditions (such as DDAVP and Remicade). We also provide specially trained pediatric cancer nurses who are:
- Certified in giving chemo and bio therapies
- Certified in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Educated on an ongoing basis in pediatric hematology and oncology
- Specially trained at starting pediatric IVs, accessing central lines and responding to any emergencies that may arise during infusion
Conditions We Treat cover a wide range of disorders, including:
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Acute and Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Hodgkin lymphoma
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
- Osteogenic and Ewing’s sarcoma and other bone cancers
- Rhabdomyosarcoma and other soft tissue tumors
- Tumors of the kidney and liver
- Germ cell tumors
- Eye tumors
- Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis
- Blood disorders including common and rare anemias, neutropenias, clotting disorders, myelodysplastic syndromes, bone marrow failures and more
- Bone Cancers
Pediatric Oncology Services at RMHC
- Chemotherapy for Children and Teens with Cancer and Blood Disorders (Pediatric Oncology & Hematology)
- Clinical Trials for Children with Cancer - leading trials available in Denver
- Surgical Treatment for Children and Teens with Cancer - Surgical Oncology
- Children's Bone Cancers - Orthopedic Oncology
- Radiation Therapy for Children and Teens with Cancer - Radiation Oncology
- Pediatric Pathology
- Psychological Support
- Home Case Services
- Child Life Specialist
- Other Patient Services