Getting a second opinion is an important step for many patients and families who have a child diagnosed with a severe condition or illness. It can serve as an easy and effective way to add perspective to the trusted expertise of your provider.
Doctors know that asking for another medical opinion is very common and understand that it can provide you with the insight you need to make an informed decision about the best treatment options for your child.
5 Common Reasons Families May Seek a Second Opinion:
- Medicine evolves at a very fast pace. You want to be sure you have learned about the best treatment options before selecting your child’s unique care plan.
- You want to be sure you have the most experienced provider to help your child. Who better to ask than others in the field!
- Your child has completed an initial treatment plan, but still struggles with symptoms.
- You are not comfortable with a suggested treatment plan.
- You want to explore less invasive or perhaps even more aggressive options.
Getting a second opinion means that you will be better informed and can rest assured you have done all you can to provide your child with the best care plan and team for their situation. It does NOT mean you don’t trust your provider.
Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children Pediatric Specialists Offer Second Opinions for Diagnosis Including:
- Congenital Heart Conditions
- Complex Surgery
- Fetal and Neonatal Diagnosis
We invite you to contact our pediatric nurse navigator at (720) 754-3505 to help facilitate a second opinion with Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children physician specialists.