November 11, 2017
More than 70 high school students from across the metro came to Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children and Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center to get a hands-on look at what it's like working in the medical field.
The students had several interactive experiences:
- Tour of an AirLife helicopter on the helipad
- EMTs hold a mock drill, responding to a scene and stabilizing a patient
- Pediatric Emergency Department clinicians simulate an emergency case and stabilize a pediatric patient
- Clinicians take the students through the process of putting a cast on and taking it off
- World renowned, pediatric surgeon, Dr. Steve Rothenberg presents the amazing innovative use of technology in the most advance pediatric surgical suite in the entire world
The Mini Medical University is held twice a year. Please email Mike Guthrie if you are interested in receiving information about the next available session.