While healthcare charges can be complex, one thing that stands out at Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children is that we are the only pediatric hospital in the region that does not charge a facility fee for outpatient services. Other pediatric hospitals charge an additional facility fee for outpatient services.Click if here you ever have questions about your billing
At RMHC, all medical care is provided by board certified pediatric specialists. We do not use medical residents. This means that your child’s procedure(s) and bedside follow-up care will be done by fully trained, board certified pediatric specialist.
Pediatric patients who needs anesthesia receive care from a board certified pediatric anesthesiologist. Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNA) are not used at Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children. Additionally, there are subspecialties within pediatric anesthesiology. This means that at RMHC, we have anesthesiologists who specialize in specifically supporting patients who need any procedure requiring anesthesia such as:
- Cardiac procedures including open heart cases as well as cardiac catheterization
- Spine surgery
- Orthopedic procedures requiring nerve blocks
- Minimally invasive surgery and general surgery
- Thoracoscopic and laparoscopic surgery on premature infants
- Imaging with sedation
Whether your child requires sedation, local or regional anesthesia, our board certified pediatric anesthesiologists are there for all pediatric patients, from premature infants too small to leave the neonatal intensive care unit to teenagers and everyone in between.
We accept and collaborate with most insurance plans. However, we encourage you to check with your insurance carrier, visit our insurance and billing page, or talk with our specialists at (866) 475-1037 to confirm coverage details.
You are also invited to call: (833) 541-5757 to talk with insurance specialists who can provide free, personalized guidance from in-house, experienced advisors.
Yes, our specialists offer access to clinical trials. Our doctors are leaders in their fields, often contributing to peer-reviewed publications, books and cutting-edge national/international medical conferences.
The safety of our patients, visitors, physicians and staff are always our top priority. It is safe to get needed medical care for your child(ren) at RMHC. Since the first COVID19 patients presented in our communities, we implemented:
- Mandatory screening for all patients and visitors prior to entry in the hospital.
- COVID19 testing 48 hours prior to any procedure surgery (the test is provided on our campus at no additional charge to you/the patient). If someone tests positive for COVID19, alternative arrangements are made.
- Providing surgical grade masks for everyone who enters our campus.
- Specific medical teams and units where we provide medical care for any COVID19 patients away from non-COVID19 patients.
Additionally, our pediatric patients are always cared for by dedicated medical teams in specially equipped pediatric units.
If your child requires a medical office visit rather than a hospitalization, our pediatric specialists offer convenient telehealth appointments and we work closely with CareNow Urgent Care locations. To request a telehealth appointment, we invite you to call your physician’s office, visit us online or use our free physician referral line at (877) 752-2737.
Do you have a question that is not answered here? Feel free to contact us.