EMS & Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at Presbyterian/ St. Luke's Medical Center
A Pediatric Pre-Hospital Care Resource for Emergency Medical Services
Welcome EMS providers! In addition to providing exceptional patient care, Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children (RMHC) at Presbyterian/St. Luke’s (P/SL) Medical Center is dedicated to providing support and educational opportunities to the EMS community.
2017 Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children Pediatric and OB EMS Conference
March 11, 2017 | 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM | 7 hours of EMS CE
RMHC | 2001 N High Street | Denver, CO 80205
An all-day conference that will cover a variety of pediatric and OB topics for EMS providers. Register now to attend either in-person or online. Don't pass up this extraordinary opportunity presented by Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children.
About RMHC at P/SL
More than two decades ago, a group of pediatric specialists came together at Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center to establish a regionally renowned center for specialized pediatric care. Their expertise ranged from caring for high-risk births, neonates and infants to complex health concerns for children and teens.
We blend the most advanced pediatric clinical care with an exceptional level of personalized attention for each patient.
Today, our anchor facility, RMHC at P/SL, encompasses a 160,000-square-foot pediatric care center and a 10,000-square-foot pediatric-focused medical building.
Why Transport to RMHC @ P/SL?
- Dedicated pediatric ER: 24/7 coverage from pediatric emergency specialists. Equipped with pediatric expertise & equipment to care for the most critically ill infants and children.
- 84 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (Level IV) beds. One of only two Level IV NICUs in Denver metro. Learn more about levels.
- Since RMHC and P/SL are in the same facility, mom and baby can stay together!
- 53 pediatric beds
- 20 Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) beds: Pediatric hospitalists and intensivists who are in-hospital 24/7
- 8 pediatric operating rooms: The most technologically advanced children's ORs in Colorado including pediatric minimally invasive surgery center
- Child life specialists
- Ronald McDonald parent “respite room”
- Family Resource Center
- Level IV pediatric trauma center
- Affiliated with adult and pediatric burn center where families can stay together for treatment regardless of age.
- 320-slice CT scanner that reduces radiation exposure in children
- Pediatric anesthesia, radiology, and pharmacists who are available 24/7
- ECMO treatment
- COMING SOON: A hybrid operating room! State -of-the-art operating room allows adult & pediatric patients to receive multiple procedures in one setting, reducing infection opportunities and length of stay; AV equipped allowing EMS to view recorded surgeries for continuing education.
Meet our ED Staff
Our expert physicians and staff are highly experienced in caring for pediatric patients and many offer shadowing opportunities for EMS providers to earn CE credits.
Starting in 2016, Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center and Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children @ P/SL will be honoring EMS providers who have demonstrated exceptional patient care, professionalism, and compassion. Award recipients will be nominated by hospital staff and will be recognized during EMS week.
EMS Feedback or Questions
We appreciate your feedback! If you have any EMS questions or concerns, please contact us!